Kim Allen, P.Eng. IntPE, FCEA, FEC, MBA
Strategic insights to unlock the full potential of organizations and people.
Analytics for evidence-based decision making.
Kim is President and CEO of Allenvision, a Canadian-based consultancy supporting executives and individuals in for-profit and non-profit organizations through strategic insights, advanced analytics, and processes for evidence-based decision making.
Kim is an accomplished entrepreneur, senior executive and board member with demonstrated success spanning technology, utilities, regulatory sectors, professional associations, and start-ups. Leveraging extensive experience in executing long-term strategies and reshaping organizations for optimum performance, Kim’s expertise is an asset for start-ups or established organizations encountering rapid growth, stagnant results, or the need for cultural change. His broad areas of expertise include strategy, governance, talent management, and data analytics.
Throughout his executive career, Kim’s many roles include:
- Founder and CEO, Allenvision (consulting organization),
- CEO, Engineers Canada (representing Canada’s 300,000 engineers, and accrediting Canada’s 278 engineering programs at 44 institutions),
- CEO and Registrar, Professional Engineers Ontario (regulating the practice of 80,000 engineers and 5,000 companies),
- Founder and CEO, Universe2U (a publicly traded telecom startup),
- CEO, DTE/Probyn Energy Solutions (international joint-venture),
- CEO, Scarborough PUC ($400 million public utility) and
- Several executive leadership positions at Ontario Hydro (provincial utility).
Kim has led organizational alignment, financial, and policy governance changes resulting in revenue growth of 25% and has executed changes resulting in savings to a $325M affinity program. He has led an effort that reduced customer interruption costs by $22M, cut operating costs by $21M, and increased working capital from $18M to more than $100M. Kim also has experience in negotiating collective agreements and influencing numerous pieces of legislation.
For Kim creativity is a continuous activity … always seeing new ways of doing things. His creativity combined with the ability to innovate, identify the required capabilities and management systems to take an idea and make it work in practice. Clients engage Kim in developing strategy, generating new ideas and deciding which to commercialize; aligning goals, resources, and people; conducting internal audits with the Ai-Auditor; and delivering proven talent management solutions. Kim helps transform how organizations, hire, onboard, develop, manage and promote their people using the science of SuccessFinder, a next-generation behavioral assessment instrument. He helps clients formulate high-performance teams — ensuring a wide range of thought diversity. He provides the intelligence they need to anticipate, plan and prepare for evolving business challenges.
In addition to his executive career, Kim is the Co-Founder and Board Member of Ontario Energy Networks. He is an Advisory Board Member of the Engineering Blockchain Consortium and Verelec Ltd. Previously, Kim served as a Board Member of Certified Management Accountants, Yves Landry Foundation, Universe2U, and the Canadian Electrical Association. He was President and Board Member of the Toronto Electric Club. He also served as an advisor to the Ontario and federal governments.
Kim attained his MBA from the University of Toronto and his Bachelor of Applied Science in Electrical Engineering from the University of Ottawa. He is a Fellow of the Canadian Engineering Academy and a Fellow of Engineers Canada.
Kim is also committed to his community and is a former Chair of Community Services Committee with the Rotary Club of Scarborough and former member of the Engineers Foundation for Education, New Pioneer Awards Selection Committee and as hockey, baseball, soccer, and lacrosse coach.
Allenvision Inc. is a Canadian-based consultancy supporting executives and individuals in for-profit and non-profit organizations through strategic insights, advanced analytics, and processes for evidence-based decision making. It provides strategic insights to help you make the right set integrated set of choices that uniquely positions a firm in its industry to create sustainable advantage and superior value relative to the competition.
Allenvision provides strategic insights to help organizations make the right set integrated set of choices that uniquely position their firm in its industry to create sustainable advantage and superior value relative to the competition. These insights include strategy and analytics for evidence-based decision-making related to people, money, and governance:
- Talent Analytics—powered by SuccessFinder™—predicting job fit for current and future roles from students to C-suite and Boards (i.e., if candidates will meet or exceed expectations), leveraging behavioral strengths and managing challenges.
- Governance Analytics—powered by the Goal Alignment Program GAP™. Real competitive advantage is derived by aligning the organization’s critical assets to achieve their strategy. This includes assessing and developing: its people—ensuring the right talent stack; its processes—enabling repeatable delivery of service quality, predictable product outcomes, financial performance; and its resources.
- Financial analytics—powered by the Ai Auditor™—uncovering material errors using artificial intelligence.
Allenvision also offers their powerful talent insights to individuals, form students to the C-Suite, to leverage their strengths for career satisfaction and success.